Thank you for your interest in the Twin Cities Women's Choir. The choir was founded in August 1997 by Mary A. Bussman and a group of 16 dedicated singers. We have grown into a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with an active board, committed financial supporters and more than 150 energetic singers.
We perform music from all cultures and traditions and seek pieces that provide musical challenges and meaningful text. Our repertoire includes jazz standards, classical songs, newly commissioned works, folk music from all cultures, and sacred music from all traditions. We have contracted with noted regional musicians such as folk singer Ann Reed, composer Joan Griffith and vocal ensemble Mila. And, we just released our second CD!
We connect with a unique audience who values the voices of women as leaders, performers, thinkers, artists and heroes. Our season runs from September through May and includes three major concerts plus many community outreach activities. Some recent outreach performances include:
- Orchestra Hall: Ann Bancroft Foundation Awards
- Guthrie Theater: singing prior to A Christmas Carol
- The Fitzgerald Theater: Ann Reed’s Heroes Event
- Lake Harriet Band Shell: MOMbo Mother’s Day Celebration
- Minneapolis Convention Center: 12th annual Women Venture Conference
- National anthem performances for Gopher’s Women’s Basketball, Minnesota Lynx and the Minnesota Twins
We receive some operating funds through grants, but we rely primarily on contributions from the choir and our audiences for support. While we are committed to being self-supporting, no one is turned away. We fully honor and recognize all contributions, including money and time.