MaryAnn Watters receives the Jean Loh Award
The Jean Loh Award was established by the Board with the purpose of recognizing individuals that:
- Have been a member of the choir for 5 years or more;
- Give unconditionally of self, time, money and/or talents to the Choir;
- Exhibits a caring and giving spirit;
- Described by others as a dedicated and tireless volunteer; and
- Consistently goes above and beyond.
MaryAnn joined the choir in 1999 immediately began to volunteer her time and resources. She has multiple talents, not only as a singer, but as a leader, an organizer and a woodworker. She is someone with a caring spirit and can always be counted on to help out whenever needed. She has built podiums for the Artistic director to conduct from and shelves to store our many supplies. She has made numerous tables and cutting boards to donate to our silent auction. MaryAnn sets up our sound system for rehearsals, assists with concert set up, hauls endless supplies and equipment. She organizes and leads clean up for Divas and Desserts concert. She invests countless hours into creating archives of the choir’s history and serves as a section leader of the Alto 2’s which entails many hours of her time.
- In addition to giving countless hours to the choir, she has given financially, including annual cash donations, silent auction items, Co – sponsoring the Sue Fern Burn, sponsoring CDs and commissions.
- All around she is the choir’s go to girl and she always does it with a smile, and if you're lucky, a joke or two!