How to apply: Email a copy of your cover letter and resume to Elisa Olson, Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 26, 2019. Please put the job title in the subject line of the email.
TCWC Choir Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: TCWC Choir Coordinator
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Executive Director
APPOINTMENT: Exempt, Part-time
Job Summary: The TCWC Choir Coordinator position is a part-time, exempt, 40-week position which offers the opportunity for professional growth in the arts community engagement arena under the auspices of an established choral organization in its 23rd season. The position manages all administrative aspects of the Twin Cities Women's Choir programming.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, singer and artist liaison, rehearsal and concert support, volunteer coordination, and general support for the artistic staff. The position entails weekly Wednesday evening rehearsals, with an additional monthly Saturday rehearsal. TCWC produced four main events a season that will require the occasional evening and weekend commitments.
Candidates must have reliable transportation. Hours outside of rehearsals/concerts are flexible with the ability to work onsite and telecommute when possible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and implement the mission, vision and values of Her Voice Productions.
- Liaison to singers and volunteers re scheduling and communications.
- Coordinate all weekly communications to singers.
- Coordinate rehearsal and performance venues for set up and logistics.
- Coordinate volunteers for events and rehearsal needs.
- Assist with artists scheduling and logistics.
- General office and rehearsal support.
- Update/maintain singer website portals.
- Assist with evaluation administration and compilation.
- Manage singer registrations and ensure all information is current and up-to-date in our online systems.
- Provide admin support for Artistic Directors.
- Onsite concert/event management.
Qualifications and Desired Proficiencies:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing – strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively with women from diverse backgrounds and communities.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills, with good attention to detail and flexibility to troubleshoot creative solutions to last-minute changes in logistics and scheduling.
- Ability to work well as a team member and effectively support the directors and accompanist.
- Strong interest in collaboratively creating new systems.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Commitment to excellence and ability to inspire that in others.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, social media, basic website editing (squarespace), and general computer knowledge.
Physical Requirements: Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing. Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching. Reach with hands and arms and occasional lifting up to 40 lbs. Ability to communicate, converse with and exchange information.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an inclusive list of responsibilities, but a guide to basic areas of responsibility. Other tasks may be assigned from time-to-time by the supervisor and should be considered a part of this job description. All job descriptions are subject to periodic review. Any changes in job descriptions will be addressed to both the employee and supervisor.
Other: Will be required to pass a criminal background check.
EEOC: At Her Voice Productions, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our staff, our participants, our volunteers, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.